Baked Courgette and Chickpea Falafel
1 cup grated courgette
1 can chickpeas, drained
1/2 red onion chopped
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon ground cumin
3 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 green chilies finely chopped
Handful chopped coriander leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
Woolworths Panko Breadcrumbs
1. Place the onion, paprika, cumin, courgette and chickpeas in a food processor and pulse to begin to break up the mixture. Don't blitz it to mush. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add in the tahini paste, lemon juice, crushed green chillies and coriander leaves and mix through.
2. Form the mixture into round patties.
3. Whisk up and egg.
4. Dip the falafel into the egg and then coat in Woolworths Panko breadcrumbs.
5. Spray the falafel on both sides with olive oil spray and cook and bake in the oven for 20 mins.
6. Serve with a side salad, wedges of lemon and Woolworths low fat Hummus 😋