When your body is craving sugar, it's also telling you it's hungry. The afternoon around 4pm, when it kicks in for me. Top tip I have learnt is to have a protein and a salad at that time. It doesn't have to be much but rather then having a biscuit with your coffee have that and just see those cravings disappear. My last nights dinner became my meal 4 snack today !!!
CHICKEN ARRABBIATA WITH SALAD
A spicy tomato and chicken Italian classic for a light summer snack. The arrabiata sauce is bursting with flavour, last night I had it with the Woolworths Spinach and Cauliflower Spaghetti and the left over is great for an afternoon snack with some salad.
* 1 tbsp oil
* 120g cherry tomatoes
* 1 brown onion
* 1 red chilli
* 200g passata
* 2 garlic cloves
* 4 chicken fillets * 1/2 tsp of mix Italian herbs
1. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely chop the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and dice the onion. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Cut the chicken into strips
3. In a medium-sized pan heat 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the garlic and onion for 3 mins, then add the chicken and cook for 7 mins until turning golden brown. Then add the red chilli, cherry tomatoes and passata. Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer gently for 8-10 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Then stir in the dry oregano.
4. Serve with a side salad as a snack or with some courgette spaghetti or with Woolworths spinach and cauliflower spaghetti.