These protein pancakes are a post workout breakfast must have. The original recipe was shared with me by my dear friend @arifa.wahed and it’s just pimped up sassily to be protein packed. The recipe makes at least 16 pancakes, I decided to make every four a different flavor. The first 4 I kept plain, the next I added blueberries, thereafter 4 with Nova chocolate chips the last 4 with chopped green apple and cinnamon. I also grilled some macon. The pancakes were then stacked, a piece of macon on top with a drop of organic maple and a dash of cinnamon. These pancakes are unbelievably delicious and low in fat and sugar. You won’t believe they are good for you!!!!
Oat Protein Pancakes
Makes about 16 pancakes
* 1¾ cup freshly ground oat flour
* 1 teaspoon xylitol
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 2 tbsp vanilla protein
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 1 cup milk
* 2 large eggs
* ½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Pre-heat electric griddle to high
2. Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Add all wet ingredients to a 2nd mixing bowl and whisk together.
4. Add dry ingredient mix to wet ingredient mixing bowl and whisk till it just comes together.
5. Lightly spray your hot griddle with spray and cook.
6. Use a ¼ measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle.
7. I cook my pancakes 1 minute 45 seconds on the first side and 2 minutes 15 seconds on the second side for perfect pancakes, this may vary on your griddle.
8. Make 4 plain
9. Add blueberries to the next 4
10. Add Nova Choc Chops to the next 4
11. And the final 4 add chopped green apple and cinnamon
12. Grill some macon.
13. Stack the pancakes, top with macon, couple of drops maple of organic maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon