Chicken and vegetable soup is certainly food for the soul especially on a cold winters day, like today.
This recipe is delicious and is a hearty warm chicken and vegetable soup that is packed with nutrients. I enjoy soups for Meal 5 not only on cold days. I find it lot easier to get through the vegetables rather than munching them down. Lots of prebiotic food in this one.....
Chicken Vegetable Soup
* 1 whole chicken (or a few chicken legs or chicken breasts)
* 3-4 ribs of celery
* 3-4 large carrots
* 2 medium onions
* 2-3 garlic cloves
* 1 bag fresh spinach
* 1 head broccoli
* 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms
*1/2 cup green beans chopped
any other vegetables you have around and want to add
* sea salt
* 1 tbsp onion soup powder
1. Boil chicken in large pot until cooked. (Note: If using chicken breast instead of whole chicken, chicken broth can be used in place of water). Remove cooked chicken from water and shred into small pieces.
2. Add chopped celery, carrots, onions, and garlic cloves to boiling water. Add parsley, sea salt, pepper and garlic or herbs. 1-2 TBSP of onion soup powder .
3. Boil until vegetables are cooked. Add spinach, mushrooms, green beans and broccoli.