This hearty Indian meatball curry is low in fat and full of flavour. The meatballs are cooked in a spicy tomato gravy. There is no pre frying of the meatballs and no form of carb is added to the meatballs to make them hold shape. The steam like dumplings in the aromatic and rich sauce. This savory, moorish,dish which is slowly simmered to perfection and full of flavour
will linger it’s aromas throughout your home and guarantees to tantalize your tastebuds.....
This delicately flavored eggplant doused in a spicy coconut flavoured curry is packed with antioxidants and fiber.
Aubergines, are a regular vegetable in my home, they are very filling for @shazeats_mandysway Meal 5 option and contribute to improve good digestive health.
Both curries are delicious with roti or rice for lunch or Indian Cauliflower Rice For dinner
Chicken Kofta Curry
For the kofta/ meatballs
* 500g lean chicken mince/ washed and left in a colander for a couple of hours so all the excess water is drained
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 1 teaspoon cumin powder
* 1 teaspoon coriander powder
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 tsp salt
For the sauce
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
* 1 cup tomatoes chopped
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp turmeric
* 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
* 1/2 tsp coriander powder
* 1 tbsp vinegar
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp Salt
1. For the meatballs: Mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs.
2. Wet your hands and make walnut sized balls out of them. Transfer onto a plate.
3. For the sauce, heat oil in a pan.
4. Add onion, ginger and garlic paste and cook them until the onion turns golden brown. Add cumin powder, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and coriander powder. When you add the dry ingredients it starts to burn quickly so stir it all together to mix well and add chopped.
5. Cook the tomatoes until the sauce begins to thicken.
6. Mix it together and carefully place in all the meatballs.Add 200ml of water.
7. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for a good 15-20 minutes.
8. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and boiled eggs cut in half. Serve with hot roti or rice for lunch. For dinner with cauliflower rice
Indian-Spiced Cauliflower Rice
* 1 head cauliflower or a bag of cauliflower florets
* 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
* 4-5 curry leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* black pepper to taste
* chopped coriander to garnish
1. Rinse your cauliflower. Add the cauliflower (depending on how big it is) into a food processor with the blade attachment. Pulse in one-second intervals until the cauliflower pieces are about the size of grains of rice, more or less. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
3. In a large saucepan heat the olive oil. Temper the curry leaves, mustard seed and whole cumin. Then add all the cauliflower, and stir occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
4. While it cooks, season salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat and add chopped coriander to taste.
8. Serve with chicken meatball curry.
Baby Aubergine Curry Coming Soon.....
#meal5#kofta#meatballs#chickenkofta#yum #koftacurry#indianfood#yummy #cookingmethod#recipe#cooking#lowfat#healthychoices#cauliflower#rice#instafood#instahealth#instagood#shazeats#mandysway