Harrisa is a hot, aromatic paste made from chilli. It's a very popular condiment used in North African and Middle Eastern cooking. The paste is blended with assorted spices and herbs and mixed with water,tomato and roasted pepper juices to flavour stews, soups or couscous. In Tunisia and Morocco it's often served as a dip with traditional bread and olive oil. There are different varieties of Harrisa some are very strong and pungent, it really depends where you source from. I feel the Spicy Harrisa Red Pepper Paste from @woolworths_sa is innately combined with its base ingredients to make this sauce a perfect addition to spice up any meal!!
Harrisa Flavored Chicken Stuffed In Peppers and Gem Squash
1/2 red, yellow and green pepper
3 Gem Squash boiled
2 chicken breasts poached in salt, pepper and garlic then shredded
Mixed veg, shredded cabbage, grated carrot, onions sliced, mushrooms, green beans
1/3 cup sweetcorn
2 green chilis chopped
3 tbsp @woolworths_sa Harrisa Paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oil and add the mixed vegetables with the green chilis and stir fry for a few minutes.
2. Add the shredded chicken and stir through with the vegetables.
3. Then add the Harrisa Paste and salt and pepper.
4. Combine everything together but still leaving a crunch with the vegetables.
5. Take an oven dish and spray and cook.
6. Place the half peppers and Gem Squash
7. Fill the peppers and Gem Squash with Harrisa flavoured chicken.
8. Cover the dish with foil.
9. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25 mins
10. Serve with couscous and side green salad
2 cup uncooked @woolworths_sa whole -wheat couscous
3 tbsp @woolworths_sa vegetable stock powder
4 cup boiling water
1. In a pot add the couscous and vegetable stock powder.
2. Add the boiling water and stir through.
3. Place the lid on top and leave to rest for 10 mins.
4. Check texture and stir through.
It’s quick and easy to prepare and can be enjoyed perfectly to accompany the Harrisa flavored chicken and peppers. Serve hot or cold.
Meal 3 Lunch: 1 pepper, 1 gem squash filled with harissa flavored chicken and 1 cup couscous and side salad
Meal 5 Dinner: 2 Peppers, 1 gem squash filled with harissa flavored chicken and green side salad