This happens to everyone. I myself have done this over and over again until I learnt strategies over time with #mandysway. I make good food choices, avoid temptations, and work out every morning only to find that on Friday or Saturday night, my willpower goes out the window. Somehow I begin noshing on burgers and chips and guzzle milkshakes then snooze through my workout scheduled the next morning. Sound familiar?
The weekend always poses a challenge to weight loss goals or training goals. Why? Well, during the week, we tend to plan ahead and follow the schedule. We get up, train, eat breakfast, head to work, eat planned snacks during our breaks, enjoy lunch at the same scheduled time each day. Many of you like me pack a whole day's worth of food and do pretty well at making healthy decisions day to day.
During the weekend, it might seem that there is no routine. Without a set schedule (and more opportunities for temptation) especially when socializing. Mandy always says, ‘’one weekend can easily undo a whole week of healthy habits.’ But weekends don't have to be this way. In fact, weekends are a great time to be on track with @shazeats_mandysway because you usually have more time to do so.
Here are some strategies for you to incorporate to stay healthy over a weekend.
1. Squeeze in a longer workout.
2. Eat like it's a weekday. Make sure you have your 5 meals.
3. Stick to your usual sleep schedule.
4. Get outdoors.
5. Fuel yourself for weekday success.
6. Limit sugary drinks.
7. Plan for relaxation and rest.
8. Break the on-again, off-again diet mentality. Have a cheat meal not a whole weekend of eating badly.
9. Be accountable and do a weigh in on Monday morning.
10. Plan for the week ahead. Prep like a boss!!!
#weekend #tips #stayhealthy #longetworkout #eat5mealsperday #restandrecover #plan #cheatmeal #beaccountable #getoutdoors #sleepearly #fuelyourbodywithfood #lifestyle #nodiet #shazeats #mandysway