The evening dinner of the henna night at The Lalit Grand Palace was of an Indo/Chinese cuisine. All the courses were delicious in particular the Haka Noodles that were made freshly according to what you would want by Chef Pardeep. The Lalit Grand Palace, in Srinagar is surrounded by the Himalayan mountain range and offers a scenic view of the Dal lake. The hotel is full of history as it was the former palace residence of the Maharajas, and has been carefully restored to keep the glory alive. Designed and built by Maharaja Pratap Singh in 1910, the hotel has been a witness to key events in India’s history. The grand structure has received prominent guests including Lord Mountbatten, and the Palace courtyard’s Chinar Tree was once the site of a meeting between Mahatma Gandhi and Maharaja Hari Singh.
The Haka Noodles would make a healthy choice for Meal 3, Lunch @shazeats_mandysway if cooked with protein. Slide along the pictures to see how Chef Pradeep prepared his Haka Noodles. The recipe below is protein packed !!!!
Chicken Haka Noodles
1 Cup, boneless chicken, boiled and shredded.
3 circles of egg fine Noodles
¼ cup, carrot, chopped finely
½ Cup cabbage shredded
¼ Cup, green bean cut in strips
1/2 Cup, mixed peppers julienned.
¼ Cup, spring onion whites chopped.
1/3 Cup, Spring onion greens, cut in strips
2 Eggs, lightly whisked
2 Green chillies, finely chopped
½ tbsp , garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp red chili paste
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp of vinegar
Salt, pepper according to taste.
1 tbsp – Sesame oil
1. Boil the noodles according to the instructions given in the packet.
2. In a wok, heat oil, add garlic and chillies and sauté.
3. Add onions, beans, carrots, peppers and cabbage. Sauté on high for 30 seconds.
4. Move the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the lightly whisked eggs. Let the cook for a while and then scramble the eggs well.
5. Add the shredded chicken and toss everything well.
6. Add red chilli paste, soy sauce, salt and pepper and toss once again.
7. Add vinegar and then the boiled noodles along with the onion whites and green and toss. Chicken Hakka noodles is ready to eat !!