Looking for a healthy oatmeal banana loaf? This recipe uses no flour, no sugar, and no oil but still produces a moist delicious loaf.
* 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats ( 1.5 cups ground, 1 cup whole)
* 2 Tbsp old-fashioned oats for muffin tops
* 2-3 large overripe bananas * 2 large eggs lightly beaten
* 1/3 cup honey
* 3/4 cup milk
* 2 tsp vanilla extract * 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place oats on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, stirring once.
2. Divide oats into portions of 1.5 cups, 1 cup and 2 Tbs.
3. Place 1.5 cups of oats in a food processor and blend/pulse until they reach a rough, flour like consistency. Alternatively you can use Organics Oat Flour.
4. Mash bananas well, they should have no lumps. I use my mixer to mash them before adding the other wet ingredients.
5. Add eggs, honey, milk and vanilla. Mix to combine.
6. Add dry ingredients (including the ground oats and 1 cup whole oats) to wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
7. Spray and cook a loaf tin and pour batter into the loaf tin.
8. Sprinkle loaf top with the 2 Tbsp of reserved oats, press lightly to make sure they stick.
9. Bake at 180 for about 25-30 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean.
10. Enjoy best with a cup of tea !!!!