This pesto vegetable frittata is a protein and vegetable packed. This replenishes the body with nutrient packed veggies and lots of protein.
* 4 eggs or 1 whole egg and 3 egg white * 1/4 cup fat free milk
* 2 tbsp pesto
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped mixed peppers * 1/2 red onion chopped * 2 large handfuls baby spinach
* 1/3 cup fat free feta * 1/2 cup chopped mushroom and courgette *1/3 cup chopped tomato * 1/3 cup crumbled fat free feta * Spray and cook
1. Preheat oven to 160 Degrees.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper and set aside as add all the vegetables chopped. 3. Heat a non stick frying pan, with spray and cook.
4. Place the egg and vegetable mixture into the pan and spread out evenly. Crumble over the fat free feta over the mixture. Then dollops of Woolworths Pesto sauce.
5. Gently place the pan into the oven and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the top of the frittata is a golden brown and the centre feels firm and set.
6. The frittata will puff up a bit while cooking but will settle once it starts to cool. Once the frittata has settled, slice and enjoy with toast and sliced avocado.
Benefits of Eating Eggs:
Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk. The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
Suhoor Eats with ShazEats on DSTV 347 on Morning Rush between 6-8am
Islamic Art by @amina_qamash @qamash_a
#suhooreats #shazeats #eggs #frittata #pesto #eggs #veggies #cottagecheese #mix #bake #rye #toast #eatinghealthy #lifeisforliving #enjoy #healthyfood #healthyandnourishing #nourishing #healthy #balanced #shazeats #mandysway