Aubergine Shakshuka Eggs
Paprika, cumin, parsley & coriander chopped aubergine in a warm tomato sauce, baked eggs, crumbled feta and a sharp crunch of extra parsley.
* 1 Tbs. olive oil
* 1 small onion, chopped * 1 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
* 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
* 1 medium aubergine, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* Chopped mixed peppers * 1 1/4 cups thick crushed tomatoes
* 3 cloves garlic, minced * 1/3 cup chopped coriander divided * 6 large eggs
1. Pour oil into medium non-stick skillet. Add next 6 ingredients, and toss to combine. Mix in eggplant and peppers. Cover, and cook over medium heat 4 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Mix in crushed tomatoes, garlic, and 3⁄4 cup water. Bring to simmer. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until eggplant is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1⁄4 cup coriander ; if sauce is too thick, add 1 to 2 Tbs. water to thin it slightly. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Put the tomato and vegetable stew into individual ramekins. Make wells into the ramekins and drop 1 egg in each. Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake for 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with just pita bread or whatever bread you may please!!!! Suhoor Eats with ShazEats on DSTV 347 on the Morning Rush Show between 6-8am @itv_networks_sa
#suhooreats #shazeats #shahshuka #bakedeggs #aubergine #eggplant #peppers #videooftheday #wearegoodtogo #tvchef #cookingvideo #sweetpaprika #cumin #corriander #flavour #spice #instachef #instarecipe #instagood #shazeats #mandysway