These eggs are a combination of sweet, sour and savoury. This flavour packed dish will certainly wake you up at Suhoor time and give you a kick start to your day.
1 white onion diced
1 red onion diced
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 green chilli crushed
1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp sumac (optional)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 tbsp pomegranate molasses 1 tsp dark brown sugar
1 400g tin tomatoes blended 100g feta (optional)
3 sprigs thyme
2 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a non stick pan , heat the oil and add the onions, garlic and green chilli, allowing to cook over a medium/high heat for 5 minutes until the onions are brown.
2. Stir in the sugar, paprika, sumac, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and mix through.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and molasses and stir through. Turn the heat down and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally to make sure it isn’t catching.
4. Crumble in the feta. Make sure the heat is turned right down.
5.Crack the eggs slowly into the pan.
6. Cover the pan with a lid (If you have a clear one that you can see the eggs through, use that one) for 4 – 5 minutes until the sauce thickens and the eggs are cooked but runny.
7. Top with some parsley and enjoy!!!
Suhoor Eats with ShazEats on DSTV 347 on the Morining Rush Show between 6-8am @itv_networks_sa
#suhoor #sehri #suhooreats #shazeats #pomergranate #eggs #sweetsaltysavory #sweet #salty #savoury #flavour #combination #olives #radishes #ramadhan2018 #eggsideas #eggs #protein #healthyeating #healthyliving #middleastern #inspiration #instafood #instachef #instarecipe #shazeats #mandysway