This recipe makes 14 muffins. I however made 36 mini muffins and you cannot believe they have no flour, no butter and no sugar and still taste delicious. Eid doesn’t have to be completely unhealthy after all...
Here’s the recipe if you missed it ....
* 2 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oats (1.5 cups ground, 1 cup unground) * 2 Tbsp unground oats for muffin tops * 2-3 large overripe bananas (1 cup mashed) or 1 cup applesauce
* 2 eggs (lightly beaten) * 1/3 cup honey
* 3/4 cup milk
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1⁄2 tsp salt
* 3 -4 Tbsp cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nova dark chocolate chopped up
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Place oats on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, stirring once (about 4 to 6 minutes). Let cool to room temperature. (You can skip this step, however the toasting adds flavor.)
2. Place 1.5 cups of the oats in a food processor and blend/pulse until they reach a rough, flour like consistency.
3. Mash bananas well, they should have no lumps. Add eggs, honey, milk and vanilla. Mix to combine.
4. Add dry ingredients (including both 1.5 cup ground oats and 1 cup unground oats) to wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Allow batter to sit for 10 mins to soften.
5. Fold in approximately 1/2 cup chocolate chips (if desired).
6. Scoop batter into muffin tins lined with paper wrappers until 3/4 full. The recipe makes approximately 14 muffins. I made 36 mini muffins.
7. Sprinkle muffin tops with reserved oats and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips, press down lightly.
8. Bake at 180 for about 20 -23mins for the mini 15 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean.
The final episode of Suhoor Eats with ShazEats is on DSTV 347 on the Morning Rush Show between 6-8am @itv_networks_sa
#suhooreats #shazeats #suhoor #sehri #healthybakes #eidinspo #eidideas #eidalfitr #eidbakes #kenwood #healthyliving #itsalifestyle #balancednotclean #sustainability #treats #nooil #noflour #nosugar #tvchef #instarecipes #recipeoftheday #easy #tryit #food #enjoy #shazeats #mandysway