This Thai Chicken and Lemon Soup is quick, easy, comforting, and full of fabulous flavor. A great way to pack in your protein and have a low carb meal for dinner.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small cabbage chopped finely
1 carrot grated
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 heaping tablespoons Cape Herb and Spices, Thai Spice or a Thai spice of your own choice
4 cups Woolworths vegetable or chicken stock mixed with water
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp palm sugar
1 can light coconut milk
1 chicken fillet poached in garlic, ginger, salt and pepper shredded
Generous handful fresh coriander chopped
2 green chili sliced
Spring onions chopped, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Add the olive oil, cabbage and carrot to a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the ginger, garlic, and thai spices and cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the vegetable broth, water, lemon juice, and chicken . Increase heat to high and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce and palm sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the corriander, chili and spring onions. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with an extra wedge of lemon on the side. Add more veg stock if you need to add more liquid for the next day.
Flat Trays and Bowl from Adams Discounts Centre, Fourways
#meal5 #lowcarb #soup #thaisoup #thaifood #thaifoodinstagram #instafood #instachef #instarecipe #lifestylechange #protein #greens #vegetables #thaispice #winterwarmer #keepwarm #chili #sweet #savoury #sour #foodie #recipeoftheday #photooftheday #foodphotography #mealideas #adamsdiscount #shazeats #mandysway