I love this Goan Fish Curry. It’s blended with fragrant spices, tamarind pulp, curry leaves and plenty of coconut mixed together in perfect harmony for this fish dish wanting you to have more and more. Accompany it with just a cabbage sambar and it’s a perfect low carb meal 5 choice for @shazeats_mandysway and with some air-fried sweet potato chips it’s wonderful for lunch
. * 5 Large hake fillets * Coriander powder 1 tsp * Cumin powder 1 tsp
* 1/2 cup light coconut milk * 2 tsp chili powder * 1/2 tsp tumeric * 2 tsp garlic * 2 tbsp lemon juice * Salt to taste * Oil 1 tablespoon
* Curry leaves * 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds * 1/2 tsp cumin seeds * 1 medium Onion finely chopped * Green chillies slit 1-2 * Tamarind pulp 1 tablespoon * Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
* Red onion sliced * Mixed peppers sliced * Sweet potato sliced boiled then air fried
1. Take fish in a bowl. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
2. Make a paste with cumin, corriander, coconut milk, chillies, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and some water to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Temper, Curry leaves, mustard seeds and cumin. Add onion and sauté till golden. Add the ground paste and mix. Add green chillies and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add some water, mix, cover and bring mixture to boil. Add marinated fish pieces and salt and lightly mix. Add tamarind pulp, mix and cook for 5 minutes or till fish is fully cooked.
5. Garnish with coriander, onions and peppers, serve hot with a cabbage sambar and sliced sweet potato.
#meal5 #fishcurry #coconutfishcurry #goanfishcurry #flavoursofindia #cabbagesambar #temperspices #recipeoftheday #lowcarb #mealchoice #dinner #fish #omega #omegas #eatfish #foodie #instachef #instafood #shazeats #mandysway