A piping hot bowl of green soup, packed with freshly chopped vegetables and so is a super nutritious and healthy meal. Green soup is loaded with hearty, fiber-rich vegetables, including dark greens spinach, courgettes and broccoli. This nourishing soup is everything you need to get through cold and flu season without so much as a sniffle.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large red onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 stem celery chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 small courgettes, cubed
4 yellow baby marrows chopped
1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems and chopped
1/2 Head cauliflower cut into florets and chopped
1/4 red pepper chopped
1.25 l @woolworths vegetable stock, plus extra if needed
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli flakes
sea salt and ground pepper
100 g baby spinach leaves
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the courgette, marrows, broccoli, cauliflower and peppers and cook for 2–3 minutes.
Pour in the stock, then stir in the ground coriander, cumin and chilli flakes and season to taste with pepper.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the spinach and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, adding a little water or extra stock if necessary.
3. Take half the soup and liquidize until smooth.
4. Stir back into the pot with the other half and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with jalapeño flavored rice crackers, if desired.
#meal5 #soup #greensoup #lowcarb #veganrecipes #vegetarian #fibrerich #food #darkgreens #immunity #booster #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #tasty #filling #flavored #tasty #eatyourgreens #drinkyourgreens #recipeoftheday #recipedeveloper #instachef #instacook #photooftheday #southafrica #eatwell #livewell #bewell #shazeats #mandysway