For a week of vegetarian meals, this video recipe shows a tasty combination of red onion, mushroom, spinach and ricotta. It is an attractive phyllo pie that is light and crispy filled with medley of warm winter vegetables.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion sliced
1 punnet Mushrooms sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
100g baby spinach leaves
1 tsp dry red chili flakes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to season
3/4 cup low fat crumbled ricotta cheese
6 sheets phyllo pastry
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat. Add the onions and soften then and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, chili flakes, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in spinach leaves, until just wilted and cook until the water has dried up.
2. Mix in the ricotta cheese and let the mixture cool.
3. Take a heavy based deep metal pan.
Lay a piece of baking paper on the bottom. Top with 1 layer of filo pastry, brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle paprika. Top with another sheet of filo pastry and repeat until 6 pastry sheets are layered on top of each other.
4. Add the prepared mixture on top and then do another 4 layers of filo pastry on top keeping a hole in the middle and creating a nest shape.
5. Take the pan the stove and heat the bottom of the pan for 3-4 mins and then transfer to the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
6. Serve with with a fig green salad and enjoy!!!
#meal3 #lunch #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #recipeoftheday #videooftheday #foodie #food #vegetables #spinachandricotta #phyllo #pie #weekendmeals #cookallday #foodiesofinstagram #instachef #instafood #healthyinsideandout #balance #balancednotclean #goodfood #shazeats #mandysway