This recipe is packed with veggies and then coated in @woolworths_sa Arabiata Sauce and topped with a low fat white sauce. It’s hearty and delicious and full of nutritious and healthy vegetables.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large red onion chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 stem celery chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 small courgettes, cubed
4 yellow baby marrows chopped
1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems and chopped
1/2 Head cauliflower cut into florets and chopped
1/4 red pepper chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
sea salt and ground pepper
100 g baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon dry Italian herbs
1 Box @woolworths_sa Arabiata sauce
9 sheets of no-boil Lasagna Sheets
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Cups fat free Milk
1 Tbsp Refined flour
1 tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp black pepper
1/4 cup slimmers choice @woolworths_sa slimmers choice mozzarella
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the courgette, marrows, broccoli, cauliflower and peppers, spinach and cook for 2–3 minutes.
3. Add chilli flakes and season to taste.
4. Add the tomato sauce and reduce the heat to simmer.
5. To make the sauce, heat the olive oil and add the flour, keeping the heat low. Saute till just a suggestion of brown.
6. Take the pan off the heat and add the milk very gradually, stirring vigorously all the time.
7. Put the pan over the heat again and let it come to a boil and thicken.
8. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes, continuing to stir.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Place 3 sheets in a rectangular baking pan in a way they cover the bottom of the pan
11. Add 1/3 of the white sauce on top of the sheets.
12. Spread 1/2 of the veggie filling on the top
13. Cover with 3 more sheets.
14. Spread 1/3 of the white sauce on top.
15. Cover with the rest of the veggie filling.
16. Finally cover the top with 3 more sheets.
17. Spread the remaining white sauce.
18. Sprinkle cheese on top.
20. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top has browned. Serve with a green salad and enjoy!!!