This is a wonderful simple fish dish using South African, Cape Salmon fillets. You can quickly knock this altogether and make it up over and over again. The clean, summery flavours are a joy to eat, and the basil & mustard yoghurt adds an extra punch of delicious flavour.
400 g baby potatoes
200 g green beans
1 bunch of fresh basil
200 g cherry tomatoes
10 black olives
2 tsp fish spice
6 x 120 g Cape Salmon fillets @dawoodgtn
1⁄2 a small clove of garlic
1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the potatoes and parboil them for 10-12 mins.
2. Trim the green beans, heat some olive oil and add to a pan and toss for a few mins.
3. Add the tomatoes, add the olives along with the basil leaves.
4. Add the potatoes and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Place the Cape Salmon fillets into a bowl, add 1⁄2 a tablespoon of olive oil, and squeeze in the juice of 1 1⁄2 lemon.
6. Season lightly and toss to coat.
7. Take a oven tray dish. Lay the vegetables.
8. Lay the fillets on top of the vegetables, skin-side up. Slice off 4 rounds of lemon and lay on top of the fillets, then roast for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
9. To make the basil & mustard yoghurt, bash basil leaves in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of sea salt. Peel and add the garlic and bash again.
10. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and add the mustard, 4 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt and the remaining lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, mix well, season to taste and serve with the fish and vegetables.
@dawoodgtn and @dawoodkzn suppliers of chicken and other produce from fish to vegetables to coconut oil. Check out there megastores to stock up before the end of the year.
#summereats #fish #greenbeans #newpotatoes #capesalmon #southafrican #summergreens #summerfood #foodie #cooking #instafood #instacook #recipedeveloper #foodblogger #imfluencer #instaphoto #shazeats