It's Sunday, after a grueling 45km cycle in the Cradle the Pistachio Cheesecake and the Saffron flavoured Chai is just what I needed for some recovery. Each week my favorite ladies and I are getting stronger and stronger. The 94.7 Cycle Challenge is on !!!!
Ingredients * 10 sugar free Marie biscuits
* 1 tbsp melted coconut oil * 1/4 cup pistachios
* Dash of cinnamon
* 1 cup fat fat cottage cheese
* 1/4 cup fat free yogurt * 1 large egg * 2.5 tablespoons xylitol
* 1.5 tablespoons flour * ½ teaspoon vanilla extract * ½ tablespoon lemon zest * Handful of Pistachios
Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a mini cheesecake pans. With this recipe you can also do one big 6 inch cheesecake. Or you can double this recipe and use a larger pan, like an 8 or 9-inch cake pan. Blend the sugar free Marie biscuits, 1 tbsp melted coconut oil and pistachios and cinnamon together put into the pans and bake 10-12mins.
2. While the base is baking combine fat free cottage cheese and yogurt in a blender and process until very smooth (I do this first to ensure the cottage cheese mixture is completely lump-free). Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and combined but leave the pistachios.
3. Pour onto the baked bases and sprinkle the pistachios on top and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top pulls away from the pan and looks smooth and solid. The entire thing should be slightly jiggly, but not sloshy.
4. Let them cool completely before refrigerating for several hours or overnight.
5. Drizzle a little honey on top when serving.