Presenting my Poached Egg on a bed of wilted spinach and onion, on an English Muffin drizzled with a skinny Hollandaise Sauce and a dash of paprika.
Last week a group of us went to ride at the Cradle of Human Kind. When we completed our almost 50km cycle we had delicious Eggs Benedict at 'The Toadbury Hotel'. This week it's just too cold for a ride at the Cradle but just the perfect weather to have Eggs Benedict at home.
Skinny Hollandaise Recipe:
2 egg yolks
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp white vinegar
a pinch each of sea salt and pepper
a small dash of paprika (optional)
2 tbsp fat free yogurt , at room temperature
For the Hollandaise sauce:
1. Add the egg yolks to a heat-proof bowl and gently whisk them to break them up.
2. Add the lemon juice and zest, the Dijon, salt and pepper and the white vinegar.
3. Whisk everything together to combine and then set the heat-proof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water (NOT boiling!).
4. Whisk the mixture constantly as it heats up. You'll notice it eventually start to thicken as you whisk, but continue to whisk until the mixture falls from your whisk in thick ribbons.
5. Continue whisking as you add the fat free yogurt slowly, 1/2 a tablespoon at a time until it's all incorporated.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and remove the heat-proof bowl from over the pot.
Set the Hollandaise sauce aside for a moment while you prepare the poached eggs, wilted spinach and red onion and a toasted English Muffin.
Get everything together and build the Eggs Benedict. Serve and enjoy!!!!
Start writing your post here. You can insert images and videos by clicking on the icons above.