Clean Eating Chicken Fried Rice
* For the rice
* 1 cup brown basmati rice
* 2 cups water
* 1 teaspoon salt
* For the fried rice
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1/2 cup onions cut long
* 1 cup mixed peppers, red, green and yellow cut long
* 1 cup broccoli
* 1/2 cup baby corn
* 1/2 cup mange tout
* 1/2 cup green beans
* 1 tablespoon finely minced, peeled ginger root, garlic and green chilli
* 1/2 cup carrots
*1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
* 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2-3 tablespoons lite soya sauce,
* 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
For the rice:
Add rice, salt, and water to a pot, stir once, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Allow to cook, untouched, for 40 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
To fry the rice:
1. Add sesame oil to a large nonstick skillet or wok. Over medium heat sizzle the garlic, ginger and green chilli. Add chicken, onions, peppers and other veg and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and chicken is mostly cooked through.
2. Add soya sauce, sweet chilli sauce and salt and pepper. Then add the cooked rice and mix through. Increase the heat to medium-high. Stir for a couple of minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and toss in the spring onions. Enjoy!!!!