It’s no secret that eating fast foods can lead to a variety of health problems. They are high in unhealthy fats, way too much table salt and preservatives and often, sugar. Not exactly the best fuels for a healthy body. So when I’m in the mood for some crumbed fish, I go straight to my kitchen and cook up a much healthier version – Spiced Crumbed Fish. Give your crumbed fish a healthy makeover at home and you can enjoy this yummy treat without the guilt. Whats more, by simply upping the flavour with good ingredients and spices, as well as using healthier cooking methods, you will be delighted in how your meal tastes. This Healthy Spiced Crumbed Fish recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Spiced Crumbed Fish
* 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
* 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
* ½ cup sesame seeds
* 1 cup almond meal
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
* 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
* 8 x 100g fillets white fish, kingclip, hake or cod
* Coconut oil for frying or bake in an air fryer
* Lemon wedges to serve
1. To make crumb mix:
2. Place coriander and cumin seeds in a frypan and toast over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 mins.
3. Allow to cool, then grind finely with a mortar and pestle or food processor.
4. Place spice mix, sesame seeds , almond meal and parsley in a bowl. Season and set aside.
5. Place egg whites in a shallow bowl.
6. Coat fish in egg whites then crumb mix.
7. Heat coconut oil in frying pan over medium heat and pan fry fish for 4 mins each side, or until cooked through or spray and cook the fish and place in a air fryer at 180 degrees for 8-10mins.
8. Serve with a stir-fry for dinner, or baked sweet potatoes for lunch and some side salad and lemon wedges.
9. I also like to make a spicy tomato chutney and pour on top and serve.
#meal3 #lunch #meal5 #dinner #spiced #crumbedfish #healthycooking #methods #learn #cook #try #eateverything #allfoodgroups #airfryer #coconutoil #panfry #fishandveggies #fishandsweetpotatoes #fishandsalad #protein #greens #shazeats #mandysway