Thai Red Curry and Rice
My love for Thai food knows no bounds. It’s a love affair that started almost 20 years ago back in London with a good friend of mine Mansha Ahuja, who is from Hong Kong. She made me try an array of curries that played fireworks with my palette and I never looked back. We would finish our days at university and head for the local Thai restaurant Mai Thai, in Wimbledon Village.
This Thai Red Chicken Curry is incredibly delicious, low in fat, so easy to make with bite size chicken pieces, mix vegetables that are simmered in a red curry and coconut milk sauce. Thai cooking in under 30 minutes.
Thai Red Chicken Curry and Rice
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp garlic
* 1 tsp ginger
* 2 finely chopped red chilli
* 3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless and cut into bite size pieces
* 1 can Woolworths Light Coconut Milk
* Packet of Woolworths Thai red curry paste
* Mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, mixed peppers, green beans, mushrooms, red onion)
* 1 tbsp Woolworths fish sauce
* 2 limes squeezed
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large wok until hot. Add the garlic, ginger, red chili and the Thai Red Curry Paste and stir-fry for about 30 seconds over high heat, until it gets aromatic.
2. Turn the heat down to medium-high and add the chicken pieces to the pot and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
3. Stir in the coconut milk. Then add the mix vegetables. Add lime juice, fish sauce and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh coriander.
5. Serve immediately over cooked rice.
Start writing your post here. You can insert images and videos by clicking on the icons above.